vrijdag 1 juli 2011

First house in a block.

Hello everyone,

With pride and joy I present the first result of my Homespun Houses Project:


I made a start with the project using the best leftovers of a sixty years old pillowcase.
And with that in mind, I  wondered how many heads would have been lied down on this cloth.....
feeling happy, tired, worrying, dreaming, waiting for someone or something.....
  It feels a bit like I sewed some kind of soul in my quilt with this first block.
 There is some stretching of fabric here and there, due to the fabric's age and history ;>)

 The following blocks will be made of brandnew cotton, I bought at De Boerenbonthal in Amsterdam.
As you can see I keep the fabric pieces and blocks in my block book.

Wishing you all a joyful start of July!
 Cheerio!




2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ik heb iets met blauw en ik vind het altijd weer super om te zien in andermans projecten. En net wat je schreef...wie heeft hier zijn hoofd op te rusten gelegd?
    En dat vind ik so wie so met quilten; ieder lapje, steekje en patroon.... Het is allemaal door je handen gegaan en dus ook; een stuk(je) van jezelf.
    Voordat ik het vergeet; ik vind het hartstikke mooi!
    Liefs,
    Stel
    XXXXXX

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. That's so pretty ... you are so clever

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen